Friday 4 August 2017

My husband teaching God's Word

I think my favorite part about being a wife is being my husband's cheerleader.  Believe it or not, I was actually once a cheerleader for 2 years... just in junior high school, but I did the whole bit, the songs, the chants, the dances, the formations, the pom poms.... HA!  You can laugh too.

Anyways, being a cheerleader to my husband is much different than cheering on our little Christian school junior high basketball team.  Duh.

It's a more hidden, more deep support, and much of it is by prayer.  I pray often for my husband that he be the leader God wants him to be for our family and that he grow into the Bible teacher I know God is calling him to be.  So today's cheering is a bit less hidden, a bit more public.


Have you ever heard Tonio teach on a Sunday morning?!!!  You're in luck.  This teaching is in French, but translated by Nancy into English.  You can listen HERE.  He's teaching the end of the book of Hebrews, in particular Hebrews 13:8-25.

A few nuggets, I've taken away from the teaching:
-Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
-Be careful about "new" ideas about Jesus.
-Jesus is the final sacrifice for my sins... I don't have to offer a goat or lamb every Sunday to be sanctified... Jesus did it once and for all!
-I don't have to do good works to be saved.
- Sing to God!  He loves it!

You can also save the mp3 (by right clicking on "Ecouter") and listen to it later while driving or running or just relaxing at home.  Here is the list of teachings.  This particular one is from July 23, 2017 (23/07/17).

Love Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment