Friday 17 June 2016

Life's disappointments =(

We all have disappointments in life... we look forward to something, and it either doesn't happen, or doesn't happen the way were were planning or thinking.  I'm learning more and more that things happen for a reason, though it's so hard to believe it in the midst of tears and sadness.  And obviously, we can't compare disappointments... they are so personal and hurt in different ways.

My parents should be here with us in Nice, France right now.

Well, they aren't.

 (The last time they held Daphné, she was only 7 months-old... I want them to hold her again soon!)

Thankfully, my dad is getting the proper medical care he needs (don't worry, he's fine).  Last minute, the doctors sensed an urgency to remove a melanoma above his eyebrow on his forehead.  His health is WAY more important of course!

I'm still sad.  I've cried everyday, since I talked to my dad late the night before they were supposed to be getting on a plane at LAX.  We have an empty room, a ton of food, an extra ticket to the ballet for my mom and an open schedule.


They would like to try to just postpone the trip by a few weeks... I'm not getting excited yet, until I know more about his surgery on Tuesday, June 21st.  If you pray to God, I'd request your prayers for the doctors to get all the melanoma, that there is no spreading, that he heals completely, AND that they could come soon.

Thanks!

Love Linz

4 comments:

  1. I will pray Linz chérie - Hope you will have good news soon & a coming visit - Love you so much - You and your parents are in our hearts & prayers-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cricri! When they come, we'll have a mini luau in Antibes =)

      Delete
  2. Oh Lindz! I didn't want to read this... I'm so sorry but I do believe what you wrote, there's a reason! God is in control! And He knows what you all desire and long for and need. Praying for swift healing and a happy reunion!! Love you so much, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I didn't want to write this. I love you Leah. Thank you for your letter and for your prayers. Still praying you can visit one of these days.

      Delete