Wednesday 8 January 2014

painting and surf racks

We thought we'd put my dad to work a little 
at Pierre and Nancy's house...
















As you can see, the walls were in dire need of some attention.
As my dad always says, "a little putty and paint makes a carpenter what he ain't."
While the primer was drying, we headed downstairs to the garage for some fun.








My dad and Tonio moved lots of things around in the garage to make room for these sweet surf and snow board racks that my papa made.  It was a blessing that we decided to do this project, because we found a leak from the neighbor's above.  At one point, there were almost 10 people in the garage discussing the leak's source...

Since my dad doesn't speak French, he kept on working, by saying "pardon" and "excusez-moi" - drilling away into the concrete walls.  It was actually quite comical.  
And for those of you who know my dad, you can imagine =).





The next day, we painted the first coat of paint.
It's called "liège," which means cork.
SO much better than before.

Tonio and I are so blessed to have my dad here with us.

And being the world traveler that he is, 
he just got back from a quick trip to the "Mother Land" as he calls it. =)
Stay tuned.

Love Linz

1 comment:

  1. What a team !! Congratulations to all of you - Love

    ReplyDelete