Monday 9 July 2012

ARLES, France

We have a family visiting from Seattle right now, 
and they blessed Tonio and I with a little trip into Provence, 
about 2.5 hours away from Nice.  

Thank you Volk family for this fun get-a-way.

Roman Colosseum


They have bull fights here in July/August.
{the non-killing-the-bull kind}


I know I always say it, but it reminded me of Disneyland. =)


A conceptual art exhibition, sand dunes, moon, astronaut, weird music.


The city of Arles.


Dang, it's old.


An ancient amphitheatre.


The craftsmanship so many years ago.


31 year-old feet on a thousand year-old ruin.


Our cute little bed & breakfast.


Tonio and I had pains au chocolat at this bakery - I liked their company car.


Catholic Church of Arles.



And the City Hall.


Thanks for taking a little walk through town with us.
Arles is just north of the Camargue region, west of Nice.

--Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment